The “ULTIMATE” Carbide Compression Spiral Bit for CNC routing of sheet goods such as plywood and MDF. Conventional Compression Bits typically force the chips into the mid-section of the cut where the up-cut and down-cut flutes overlap. These chips can pack into the flutes which make the bit hard to push and causes it to run much hotter. This results in lower feed rates and shorter tool life.
Advantages of the “Ultimate” Bit
- Dedicated cut length to match the material thickness
- Up-cut flute extends into shank to improve chip evacuation
- Ultimate chip control allows the but to cut more freely, run cooler, and last longer
- The down-shear flute cuts a 45° chamfer. Position the depth to barely shave the top edge of the material or lower the bit to cut up to 1/16″ chamfer.
- 3/8″ cutting diameter bits are optimal for routing sheet goods. They remove less material with lower horsepower than 1/2″ cutting diameters.
- 1/2″ shank diameter provides the best rigidity and eliminates the need for odd sized collets.